Welcome to the Official Chelsea Quinn Yarbro Web Site. Make sure to sign up for the CQY mailing list.
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's Official Facebook Fan Page is live: http://www.facebook.com/authorchelseaquinnyarbro. If you are on Facebook, please consider "liking" it and sharing the page with your friends and family.
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro has been named a Guest of Honor at World FantasyConvention 2015, which will be held November 5-8, 2015 at the Saratoga City Center in Saratoga Springs, New York. A Facebook page for this 41st World Fantasy Convention is up and running; check back for the official website and more details.
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro has been named Author Guest of Honor at Conjecture/ConChord 2014, to be held in San Diego, CA October 10-12th, 2014. Click here to find out more: http://www.conjecture.org
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro returns to Dragon Con as a Guest for Dragon Con 2014, to be held in Atlanta, GA August 29-September 1, 2014. More details on the convention and how to attend can be found at http://www.dragoncon.org.
- Several years ago Chelsea Quinn Yarbro published a high fantasy novel, Nimuar's Loss, under the pseudonym Camille Gabor. It was to be the first of a trilogy, but the subsequent books were never published. Now the Vildecaz Talents series is being released in electronic formats from Avalerian Books, beginning with Nimuar's Loss and The Deceptive Oracle, both available. Details about the release of book three, Agnith's Promise, will be forthcoming.
When Erianthee is summoned to the Imperial Court, Ninianee remains behind at Vildecaz, not only to administer the Duzky, but to begin a search for Duez Nimuar who has disappeared.
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's first Western, The Law in Charity (published in 1989), will be reissued as an e-book and print on demand bound edition as part of Oakledge Press's inaugural list. It is scheduled for release in 2014; Oakledge-Press.com will have more details. About The Law in Charity: Texas Territories, 1848. At the edge of the mountains, in what would someday become Colorado, the frontier community of Charity needs someone to bring law and order. When the Town Council hires a sheriff, they make a surprising choice. Jason Nicholas Everard Russell is a horse lover, a world traveler, a former Bow Street Runner, and the illegitimate son of an English lord. He has learned the hard way about the horror and futility of violence. Though skilled with a gun, his preferred weapons are a baton and his wits. When a gang of murderous outlaws terrorizes the town, Russell’s peace-loving ways and his mission to protect the people of Charity are put to a severe test.
- Best-selling novelist Neil Gaiman on Saint-Germain and Chelsea Quinn Yarbro: "Before the world fell in love with vampires, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's St. Germain was the wisest, noblest, finest vampire of them all. When all the fashionable vampires have been staked and forgotten, I am certain that St. Germain will still be walking through history, thrilling and delighting those of us who love the dark fantastic."
Night Pilgrims --- Saint-Germain #26 --- is now available in hardcover and digital editions from Tor Books. In Night Pilgrims, Saint-Germain is living in a monastery in Egypt when he is hired to guide a group of pilgrims to underground churches in Ethiopia. The vampire finds a companion in a lovely widow who later fears that her dalliance with the Count will prevent her from reaching Heaven. The pilgrims begin to fall prey to the trials of travel in the Holy Lands; some see visions and hear the word of God; others are seduced by desires for riches and power. A visit to the Chapel of the Holy Grail brings many quarrels to a head; Saint-Germain must use all his diplomacy and a good deal of his strength to keep the pilgrims from slaughtering one another.
Read an excerpt from Night Pilgrims at Tor.com.
- Yarbro completed and turned in Saint-Germain #27, Sustenance, to her editor at Tor. The novel is set in western Europe and Scandinavia 1949-1952 and will be published in hardcover and e-book on December 2nd.
- Many of Yarbro's older, out of print Saint-Germain, Olivia and Madelaine novels have recently been released as e-books courtesy of Tor Books and E-Reads, including:
Hotel Transylvania (E-Reads)
The Palace (E-Reads)
Blood Games (E-Reads)
Path of the Eclipse (Tor)
Tempting Fate (Tor)
Night Blooming (Tor)
Midnight Harvest (Tor)
A Flame in Byzantium (Olivia; Tor)
Crusader's Torch (Olivia;Tor)
A Candle for d'Artagnan (Olivia; Tor)
- Other Saint-Germain and Madelaine titles currently available in print or e-book editions include:
Out of the House of Life (Madelaine; trade paperback from Tor)
Darker Jewels (trade paperback from Tor)
Better in the Dark (trade paperback from Tor)
Mansions of Darkness (trade paperback from Tor)
Blood Roses (trade paperback from Tor)
Communion Blood (trade paperback from Tor)
Come Twilight (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
A Feast in Exile (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Dark of the Sun (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
States of Grace (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Roman Dusk (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Borne in Blood (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Saint-Germain: Memoirs (trade paperback from Elders Signs Press)
A Dangerous Climate (trade paperback and as an e-book from Tor)
Burning Shadows (e-book from Tor)
An Embarrassment of Riches (e-book from Tor)
Commedia della Morte (hardcover and as an e-book from Tor)
In the Face of Death (Madelaine; e-book from Hidden Knowledge and a trade paperback from Ben Bella Books)
- Yarbro's nonfiction workbook on writing, Fine-Tuning Fiction, is now available as an e-book. Fine-Tuning Fiction began as a two-part writing seminar Yarbro gave at the Writers Connection in Cupertino, California. This digital workbook combines both the lecture and the lab portions of Yarbro's seminars. Jane Friedman, Word Play: Helping Writers Become Authors and Penguin's Book Country have all featured special excerpts from the book.
- Napoleon Must Die and Death Wears a Crown --- two historical mysteries featuring Victoire Vernet --- are now available as e-books from Event Horizon EBooks. Co-written with Bill Fawcett, both novels were originally published in 1993 under the “Quinn Fawcett” pseudonym.
- Yarbro's stand-alone fantasy novel To the High Redoubt has also been re-released as an e-book from E-Reads. Earlier e-books Magnificat and Alas, Poor Yorick are still available in e-book editions from Hidden Knowledge.
- The 25th book in CQY's beloved Count Saint-Germain series — Commedia della Morte — was released in Spring 2012 in hardcover and e-book editions. Of all the women the Count has loved, the most popular is the beautiful, ever-youthful Madelaine...In Commedia della Morte, Saint-Germain learns that Madelaine—now a vampire—has been arrested by France’s Revolutionary Tribunal and is soon to lose her head. Desperate to rescue her, the Count sneaks into France with a troupe of actors led by the glamorous Photine, who soon becomes Saint-Germain’s mistress. Photine’s teenage son, driven by jealousy and revolutionary fervor, betrays the Count. Now Saint-Germain’s life, as well as Madelaine’s, hangs in the balance, in this darkly romantic historical vampire novel.
- Hotel Transylvania was one of the nominees for the Bram Stoker Vampire Novel of the 20th Century Award, presented by the Horror Writers Association (HWA) in conjunction with the Bram Stoker Family Estate and the Rosenbach Museum & Library.