Copyright © 2005
- "Before the world fell in love with vampires, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's St. Germain was the wisest, noblest, finest vampire of them all. When all the fashionable vampires have been staked and forgotten, I am certain that St. Germain will still be walking through history, thrilling and delighting those of us who love the dark fantastic." - Best-selling novelist Neil Gaiman on Saint-Germain and Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- "Nobody does historical vampire fiction better."
-Laurell K. Hamilton
- "Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's 'Saint-Germain' novels are probably the best
series of vampire novels ever written."
- "[Saint-Germain is] a veritable Prince Charming of the darker
- "A remarkable combination of historical accuracy, exciting plot, and
believable characters dominated by Ragoczy himself--a demon-lover anyone
would welcome with open veins!"
- "Vibrantly original...Quinn Yarbro is one of our finest writers and
craftspersons, incapable of a sloppy sentence, a slack paragraph, or a
- Peter Straub
- "Saint-Germain is just as fresh as the day Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
introduced him to the world
.Yarbro reminds us that there are
things on this earth far more evil than vampires."
-Charlaine Harris, author of Dead Until Dark
- "Lushly written, erotic, and disturbing."
-Tananarive Due, author of The Living Blood
- "Readers hooked on Lestat would do well to investigate Saint-Germain.
He's altogether different yet at least as complex and satisfying."
- "Chelsea Quinn Yarbro's epic of the vampire Ragoczy, the Count
Saint-Germain...has slowly gathered a dedicated readership, while each
installment has garnered increasing critical praise...as with all the
Saint-Germain novels, the most satisfying aspect of the narrative is the
author's complex rendering of her central character. With the exception
of Anne Rice, few writers have as effectively captured the wearied soul
of a being living through the great expanse of human history."
-Patrick O'Kelley, Amazon.com
- "[Her novels] are unsurpassed in their insight into the human condition
and their unique brand of terror."
‹Charles L. Grant
- "A versatile and distinctive talent...Yarbro has a fine way with the
wicked and a clean, terse style."
- "Yarbro isn't you run-of-the-mill vampire novelist. Take the time to
read one of [her] stories and you'll be greateful. You'll also be hooked
-Appeal Memphis Commercial
- "These solidly researched novels show us a Saint-Germain who genuinely
learns and grows from a fiend into a being of great gentleness, wisdom,
and compassion. The series is probably the most sustained and impressive
treatment to date of extreme longevity."
- "This steamy stuff blends the erotic, the fearful, and the spiritual in
a liebestod thriller."
- "Yarbro re-creates in lavish detail one of history's darkest and least
understood periods. [A] well-researched, sumptuously written tale of
honor and compassion in the midst of death and superstition."
- "[The book's] real strength -- again, not unlike that of other
Saint-Germains--lies in the meticulously researched and vividly written
depiction of a long-ago and largely long-forgotten time and place.
Yarbro's books continue to prove delectable to the history buffs among
-Roland Green, Booklist
- "Another impeccably researched, fully engaging episode in the Count's
- "Yarbro's books continue to prove delectable."
- "Richly rewarding
.Yarbro flawlessly weaves a meticulous
historical milieu and enthralling characters with the fantastic."
- "Deeply compelling
.Rakoczy is a
character always worth watching."
- "The astute historical background provides a powerful opportunity for
the audience to luxuriate in a bygone era
.A robust end of the Dark
Ages tale that showcases Rakoczy in top form."
-Midwest Book Review
- "Fans of the series and newcomers to it will all be rooting for
Yarbro's wily hero."
- "A compelling story...filled with intriguing period details."
- "In her vampire protagonist, Yarbro has created a particular kind of
ideal man: educated, refined, sensitive, and--when the occasion calls for
it--very dangerous indeed. The result is a character who is always worth